Thursday, November 19, 2020

If you know me, you know I love my babies.  As a mom, I sometimes run through dangerous scenarios in my head and imagine how I'd save my kids if we were ever in harm.  And in every scenario, I do the same thing first: I scoop the baby up.  

Because babies need saving.  

If you've followed Kamala Harris at all, you know her stance on babies' rights inside the womb and you know (among many other things) how she voted on the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act.  

If the mama doesn't want to be a mama, if the mama doesn't feel like being a mama, and if that baby somehow makes it out of her womb still alive while she is undergoing an abortion, then Kamala voted that those doctors don't have to scoop that baby up.  In fact, she called the saving of a baby after a botched abortion a gross injustice to the mother.  

Bottom line: she voted that they let that baby die on the table.

If you're running through all the broken situations in our society and the policies needed to address them, I will probably nod my head along in agreement with you.  Yes.

But I'm always gonna want to scoop that baby up first.

I've been making a list of women to teach my daughters about.  Because it seems like the world has gone a little mad talking about glass ceilings.  I've started that list and someday soon I hope to say to my children, listen.  The world will try to tell you what good is and what wrong is.  They will tell you that your heart is not deceitful and that your feelings ought to be loud decision makers.  But you were made by a God who fashioned you in my womb, who made you to be His image bearer and who looked at you and called you good the second you were alive (do you know, I spent time researching when a pro abortionist determines a baby is alive and ALSO human and, crickets).  I have questions.  I also love science.

I will say to them, you are loved by a God who turned the world He made on its head, who told the children to come, who saved sinners and rebuked the self righteous and who loves you even more than I do and here, children, here are some women who stood their ground, who fought for justice and life and also for lives who were overlooked and undervalued by the majority of the world at that time.  Their names are this: Harriet Tubman, Corrie Ten Boom, Amy Carmichael, Florence Nightengale, Jochebed, Gianna Jesson, and so many more.  Let me tell you their stories and of the great God they also loved.


I thought this article summed the Harris Biden duo as well as any "news source" can these days: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/08/20/health-202-kamala-harris-is-invigorating-abortion-rights-activists/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment